Written by Roman Peťura, Friday 30 September 2022
A new version of ICR-OS (Conel OS), firmware for the Advantech routers, is out!
A patch-level release mainly brings many security fixes, improvements, and updates. You are welcome to check out the Release Notes for the detailed changelog.
A few highlighted points from the changelog:
- Status pages of the web interface can now display live data (no need to refresh a status page manually).
- Login Banner, a new configuration option for HTTP and SSH logging.
- Information presented on the Licenses list was enhanced.
- BusyBox, zlib, inetutils, OpenSSL, glibc, Net-SNMP, curl, and TMP software have been updated to fix severity vulnerabilities.
- Several miscellaneous fixes and changes to improve security has been applied.
- Many vulnerabilities reported in the National Vulnerability Database have been resolved.
Look into the Firmware Distribution Overview document for details about the distributed firmware versions per particular router.
The latest firmware version is available on the Firmware or Router Models pages.