Written by Roman Peťura, Thursday 8 December 2022
A new version of ICR-OS (Conel OS), firmware for the Advantech routers, is out!
A patch-level release mainly brings many security fixes, improvements, and updates. You are welcome to check out the Release Notes for the detailed changelog.
A few highlighted points from the changelog:
- Support for product revision – a new mechanism to distinguish between different versions of a router, whether software, hardware, or other fundamental change.
- SNMP interface section was enhanced to support all existing interfaces.
- Several miscellaneous bug fixes have been applied.
- Several miscellaneous changes to improve security has been applied.
- zlib, curl, dnsmasq, dhcp-isc, iptables, keepalived, strongSwan, tcdump, and e2fsprogs software have been updated to fix severity vulnerabilities.
- Many vulnerabilities reported in the National Vulnerability Database have been resolved.
Look into the Firmware Distribution Overview document for details about the distributed firmware versions per particular router.
The latest firmware version is available on the Firmware or Router Models pages.